For work today I wore this DIY shirt dress, my favorite boyfriend jeans, and my favorite booties. For a while now I have been wanting a blouse similar to this one, but all the ones I see are ridiculously overpriced or just not my style. Last night it hit me as I was thinking of what I could wear that could both address this heat and be work appropriate. I looked in my closet and saw this dress when my light bulb came on. Check out how I did it below.
So I had this H&M dress I purchased last year sometime which was perfect match for this project. The jersey cotton is really lightweight so the fabric forms around my body. Also, since the fabric is so light once I started cutting the edges of the dress would curl up rather than look so stiff. Anyhow, here are the really easy steps below finally:
1. Find the seam of the dress a move 3 inches towards the middle front of the dress.
2. Make sure you have sharp scissors!
3. Start cutting at a curved angle and then let the scissor glide working you way back towards the seam, this will ensure the front piece sits right between your legs.
4. If you have time take a couple measurements to ensure your side are even, then do the other side.
5. Boom your done, if its a little uneven don’t worry to much, the jersey fabric again curls up at the ends you cut.
- Jeans- Cotton On
- Mesh Booties- Forever 21
- Clutch- Zara
- Accessories- Forever 21